Our guides are our greatest resource to fulfill the high expectations of our tourists. So the recruiting process is very important to us. We also emphasize the training and further education of the guides. Guiding doesn’t mean information only, but also entertainment, story telling and charming persons to make a day for the tourists.
Our biggest challenge, though, is to have enthusiastic and qualified guides. To engage the right number of guides, and at the same time give them a satisfactory number of tours, is a challenge we take very seriously.
We are looking for guides who will work during summer (May – September) for cruise ships, Hurtigruten (Coastal Steamer) and private tours for travel agencies. Most of the tours are by bus but some are walking or hiking tours as well. We are looking for dedicated people with good interpersonal and language skills.
The Position requirement is:
It is a high-speed job that requires fluency in English, German (C1 to C2 level) in combination with at least one or more of the following languages: French, Italian and Spanish (B2 to C2 level according EU standards).
Those wishing to guide in languages other than their mother-tongue will be interviewed by a native speaker to assess their fluency.
Priority will be given to those applicants who are able to begin latest middle of May, and stay until middle of September. Guide training will be given before the season starts. Application deadline for 2018 : 1st of February
The average cost of an appartment in Molde and the region is about NOK 3500-4000/€ 380-450 per month (double room) + electricity (deposit must be paid in advance for 1-3 month). It is your own responsibility to find accomodation which suits you in good time before arrival. Info on accomodation in Møre og Romsdal: www.finn.no, www.hybel.no, www.zett.no,
Applicants must be:
- at least 21 years old
- representative, always friendly and sociable
- speak the languages that you will guide in fluently (e.g. you have studied the language or spent time in the country where the language is spoken)
- speak fluent English and German. Any of the following languages in addition will be valued: French, Italian, Spanish, or Russian (B2 or C2 according to European language levels. See “Europass self-assesment grid”)
- highly motivated and flexible
- are available to work during all summer months (start latest middle of May until middle of September), based in Molde
- live in the region near by Molde (at least during the training period and working season)
- have or will get a Work Permit, tax card and a Norwegian bank account (passport is required)
- have or will get a mobile phone with a Norwegian phone number
- have completed the entire guide course
- are able to work at short notice and enjoy working in an international team with guide colleagues and Møre og Trøndelag Guide Service
- travelling hours by bus, train or plane will be necessary in additional to your working hours
We offer you:
- an exciting summer job as a guide in the beautiful Fjordregion with Geiranger, Hellesylt and Olden beside different cities like Molde, Ålesund, Åndalsnes, Kristiansund and Trondheim
- guide assignments from beginning/middle of May until middle of september
- employee insurance
- MTGS guide jacket (deposit)
- salary according to assignment (per day/assignment), average salary per month with at least 3 or more languages: app 18.000 NOK/€ 2000 (minus tax: 36%).
For more info: ”Norwegian Tax Administration / Skaateetaten
Form to apply for 10% less tax: Tax return for advance assessment of foreing employee
- the possibility of returning to work for us each summer
- In case of suitability contract extension possible
Explanation of Language Levels . You should have a level of AT LEAST C1 in Speaking and Listening Skills.
If you are interested, please send an application with your Curriculum Vitae and a picture via Email to:
You can also contact us on:
Tel: +47 71 26 01 68 Office